Whether you’re just interested in foreign women or want to find a Ukrainian bride, this guide is exactly what you need. The signature features of Ukrainian girls, the cost of getting a Ukrainian mail order bride, the pros and cons of dating a girl from this country, Ukrainian myths & stereotypes—we’ll cover all the details here.
P.S. Before start reading check out the best Ukrainian dating & mail order bride sites
6 Best Ukrainian Mail Order Bride & Dating Sites to Find Love in 2023
Who is a Ukrainian mail order bride?
A stunning mail order bride from Ukraine you can find on specialized dating sites is a woman from Ukraine who is looking for a potential husband abroad. Ukrainian wives are the most popular in the Eastern European region for a reason; here is what you should know about these beauties:
Is a Ukrainian bride the right choice for you?
Let’s make it clear right away: no matter what some might say, Ukrainian mail order brides are not perfect. They have their advantages and their flaws, and it’s exactly what makes them so unique. Let’s talk about some of the most prominent character and personality traits of Ukrainian mail order wives.
- Ukrainian women are generous and hospitable. That’s one of the most well-known Ukrainian character traits—Ukrainians are always ready to help a stranger, and they are generally very friendly. It’s also a good thing in a relationship because your Ukrainian bride will most likely be very empathetic and able to understand your emotions and focus on you and your needs.
- Ukrainian girls are faithful in a relationship. Loyalty is considered essential, and being faithful to a partner is extremely important in the Ukrainian dating culture. However, they are sometimes too jealous: not all Ukrainian men consider loyalty in a relationship essential, so it’s often about the previous experience of a girl, not about her insecurities. You’ll need to stay calm and make her feel special in order to deal with it.
- They are sometimes too emotional and loud. They may overthink something that is not worth it, and it may be difficult for them to control their emotions. Some signs of emotional immaturity may also be present: sometimes, Ukrainian women can’t compromise, demand attention rather than ask for it, and take everything personally.
- Beautiful Ukrainian brides love when a man conveys his emotions through gifts. It doesn’t have anything to do with being “gold-diggers”—it’s just how the dating culture works in this country.
- They are flashy. Makeup, high heels, stylish clothes, and a lot of effort put into looking even more beautiful—that’s how one could describe some Ukrainian girls (but not all of them, though).
So, Ukrainian women are loyal, romantic, generous, and very beautiful, but they may be showy, emotional, and hard to calm down. We believe that the pros outweigh the cons, but it’s up to you to decide, of course.
That’s not all you need to know about Ukrainian mail order brides. Continue reading to know more—but first, take a look at this catalog of the most trustworthy and popular international dating sites where you can meet Ukrainian brides.
🇺🇦 Ukrainian Mail Order Bride Catalog
Why do women from Ukraine look for husbands abroad?
There are lots of Ukrainian girls on dating and mail order bride platforms: in fact, Ukraine is one of the most popular countries when it comes to international relationships. But why do these women want to find a foreign husband and what makes them leave their country? Here are the main reasons for them to do it.
- Financial situation. Ukraine was one of the poorest countries in Europe before 2022 and today, the situation is even worse—Ukraine’s GDP is declining, the unemployment rates are high, and the average income is pretty low.
- War. More than 6,000,000 people fled the country due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and most refugees are women—lots of young Ukrainian girls want to build a new life in a new country, and that’s why they start searching for men from the West.
- A lot of Ukrainian women think American men make great husbands. It’s a very common stereotype in Ukraine—a lot of girls on the mail order bride sites believe that men from the US are more caring, more loyal, and more family-centered than guys from their country.
- Some of them are just curious about moving to the West. There are probably thousands of hot Ukrainian brides who sign up on a dating site just because it sounds interesting to them and because they want to try something new.
These are not all the reasons why Ukrainian mail order brides search for foreign men, of course. However, we believe that the majority of Ukrainian brides are driven by one of these reasons.
How much does a Ukrainian mail order bride cost?
Here’s the most important thing that every man looking for hot Ukrainian women should know—you can’t literally mail order Ukrainian brides, these girls are not for sale.
The industry works in a different way—a man can join one of the niches dating sites with Ukraine mail order wives, meet girls, communicate with them, start a relationship with someone special, then meet his girlfriend in real life, and if everything goes well, get married.
Before you continue reading, here’s a disclaimer: the prices in the following paragraph are approximate. You may spend more than that, you may spend less. It depends on a lot of factors, from the season to the country where you’re going to meet those Ukrainian ladies.
What a Ukrainian wife price includes
Generally speaking, any man who wants to marry one of the Ukraine mail order brides is going to spend money on online services and travel services:
- Online dating expenses. Sites that can really help one find a Ukrainian mail order wife don’t provide services for free. In most cases, a man pays for credits and spends them on communicating with ladies in text or video chat, watching streams, making calls, etc.
- Offline dating expenses. When a man is sure he’s found a special Ukrainian woman, he’ll need to meet her in real life. That’s not optional—a woman who’s never met her future husband just won’t be able to get a K-1 visa to the US (as well as to most other western countries)
Let’s take a look at the specific costs of particular services:
- Dating site expenses: $150-$200 per month
- One week travel (tickets + hotel): $1,500 ($500 for 1 week in Poland because it’s not safe to go to Ukraine, around $1,000 for tickets from the US)
- Visa and documents: $2,025 ($800 for the K-1 visa, $1,225 for a marriage green card)
- Wedding: $5,500–$25,000
- Total: $8,700-$29,000
As you see, it’s not as expensive as you might think, and the main thing to understand here is that the final cost depends on you. You can save on everything except for the K-1 visa and documents: you can choose a cheaper hostel instead of a hotel, save on a wedding, etc.
Try to calculate the cost of your mail order bride
❗ Note, to calculate the cost of a mail order bride from the Ukraine, select the European region
Common myths about Ukrainian women
You’ve surely heard some of the myths about Ukrainian mail order brides. Some of these stereotypes are true: for example, about the beauty and loyalty of an average Ukrainian wife. Other myths are not only wrong but also harmful and offensive, and we need to talk about them in order to help you understand what Ukrainian women for marriage really are.
❌ Myth: They are gold-diggers
✅ Busted: In fact, you can meet a Ukrainian girl who would be interested in your money, but the chances are as high as in any other country. Most Ukrainian brides think it’s important for a man to be financially stable, but it’s just their standards, not gold-digging.
❌ Myth: They are not loyal
✅ Busted: Ukrainian mail order brides are faithful to their partners—it’s one of the most important, core values of the relationship culture in this country.
❌ Myth: They are cold and unemotional
✅ Busted: Ukrainian brides are very hospitable, friendly, and open-minded, so you will most likely feel great even on the first date with a girl from this country. They are certainly not “cold”—at least not after some time spent together.
❌ Myth: They get married early
✅ Busted: This was true 20 years ago, but today, the mean age of Ukrainian women at first marriage is 25.9 years old.
Ukrainian women make good wives, they have a lot of advantages, and there are a lot of reasons why you should try dating them. They are not perfect, of course, but none of the stereotypes listed above are 100% true.
Facts about Ukrainian women for marriage
Want to understand Ukrainian brides better? Then, continue reading: here, you’ll find facts, numbers, and statistical data.
- An average Ukrainian woman doesn’t want to have a lot of children. The total fertility rate in this country is only 1.435 children per woman, which is one of the lowest rates in Europe.
- They are well-educated. Ukrainian brides speak English pretty well—Ukraine has a high English proficiency index. The secondary education attainment in Ukraine is higher than that in the US and UK (with women being more educated than men). Even the literacy rate in Ukraine is higher than the one in the United States!
- Ukraine has a very high divorce rate (it’s 2.9 divorces per 1,000 population).
- Ukrainian brides don’t just get married earlier than women in the rest of Europe and the US, they also have children earlier: the mother’s mean age at first birth is 26.2 years old in this country.
That’s not all you need to know about Ukrainian ladies. Let’s continue—in the next part, we’re going to talk about the advantages and drawbacks of Ukrainian brides.
Pros and cons of dating mail order brides from ukraine
Dating Ukrainian brides can be a positive experience—but it can also have some challenges. Here, we’re going to talk about some of the pros and cons of dating a Ukrainian woman.
- Ukrainian girls are feminine and quite old-fashioned, and they are generally more “traditional” than the ladies from the US. Some men refer to dating a Ukrainian bride as being “transported back to the 60s” because there are lots of Ukrainian women who have the values that were popular back then. We’re talking about everything here: from the beauty standards (ladylike fashion and makeup, hourglass shape of the body, etc) to the family values (devoting serious effort and energy to marriage, children, and a well-run home).
- At the same time, Ukrainian wives are very educated and hard-working. With such a set of traits, one should not expect Ukrainian brides to become stay-at-home wives: they are independent and ambitious, so with a Ukrainian wife, the burden of family income will not fall on you solely.
- They are romantic. Ukrainian brides love expressing their feelings and emotions in different ways, they are affectionate and dedicated, and they love it when a man can thrill them with grand romantic gestures.
- They know how to support their husbands and how to make them feel better, help them achieve their goals, etc. If you want to find a woman who will care about you and support you, Ukrainian mail order brides are exactly what you’re looking for.
- Ukrainian brides may be possessive and jealous sometimes. But as we’ve said previously, it’s all about their previous experience, so it’s possible to deal with it.
- These women are high-maintenance. Well, they are incredibly beautiful, loyal, and intelligent, so it makes sense they place a high value on their personal image and needs. They require a lot of attention, they have high standards, and they love it when all eyes are on them.
The good news here is that there are more pros than cons. That’s one of the reasons why hot Ukrainian women are so popular in international relationships.
How to find a Ukrainian wife?
You can use online dating websites to meet mail order Ukrainian brides, or you can go to Ukraine/Poland and meet these ladies in person. Let’s talk about these two options.
Meeting a Ukrainian wife online
First, let’s talk about online dating. It’s the most popular option for those searching for Ukraine brides, but how exactly to find a woman online? Here’s a guide for you.
- Find a legitimate Ukrainian dating website/mail order bride platform. Read all the reviews you can find: there are lots of Ukrainian dating sites, but not all of them are worth the money.
- Sign up and create an attractive profile. A mail order bride website is basically a Ukraine wife finder, but this doesn’t mean that all those women will fall for you just because you’re an American man—you’ll still need to upload your best pictures and write a catchy profile description in order to attract them.
- Utilize the bonuses to test the website. Most Ukrainian mail order bride platforms are not free to use, but the majority of them offer certain bonuses: this means you can get free credits/free trial subscription on most of these websites and test them for free.
- Buy credits or a premium subscription. Sooner or later, you’ll need to chat with a Ukrainian bride, and that’s when it’s time to pay (don’t expect free dating websites to be nearly as good as the subscription-based ones because free ones usually provide fewer tools and have weak anti-fraud protection systems).
- Chat with mail order brides and be respectful. It’s very important to show that you have serious intentions—the absolute majority of beautiful Ukrainian brides are interested in a serious relationship so you need to be polite, ask questions, talk about your relationship goals, not go from friendly to sexual instantly, etc.
As you can see, it’s not extremely difficult to find Ukrainian wife online. However, it’s only one option, and if you’re not happy with mail order bride websites, you can meet the ladies from this country offline.
Meeting a Ukrainian wife offline
If you don’t want to use a mail order bride website with Slavic women, you can go offline. Let’s talk about it.
- Go to Ukraine, Poland, or Germany. Going to Ukraine is dangerous—this country is under the “Do not travel” advisory because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, so we recommend going to other European countries where there are millions of Ukrainian women.
- Search for them on Facebook or Instagram. Yes, Instagram is not a dating service, but if you have an attractive profile, you can slide into a girl’s DM with pretty high chances to succeed!
- If you want a 100% offline experience, approach the girls offline. Approaching beautiful Ukrainian women on the streets or in the bars may be stressful, but if you’re good at it, your chances will be quite high.
- Have a date. If you meet single Ukrainian women who speak English and want to date a foreigner, congratulations—now, you need to ask them out. You’ll need to look your best, bring a gift (probably), pay for the meals, and show that you’re a gentleman to impress them on a date.
- Try alternative options like romance tours. You can contact a Ukrainian marriage agency and meet a woman from their catalog (just remember that their services are typically very expensive).
So, in short, here’s the thing: meeting Ukrainian brides online is cheaper and more convenient. The only advantage of offline dating is that you can see the person right away and feel real vibes, but if you want to meet a real Ukrainian lady without spending too much time and money, stick to online dating platforms.
Success stories with Ukrainian mail order brides
Sean met his future Ukrainian wife, Marina on . They note that age difference never bothered them as they had similar values, interests, and views of life, but Sean still notes that “family and friends needed some time to realize that Marina wasn’t just a gold-digger and that we were really in love”. It’s been 5 years since Sean and Marina got married, and now they have 1 kid together and are going to have another 2 in the next 10 years.
Mile and Anna met on, and it took 7 months for them to realize they were in love. As Anna says, there were a lot of guys who contacted her but Mike was the one who demonstrated interest not only in her appearance and sexuality but also in her personality. Mike has already visited Ukraine twice, met Anna’s parents and they’re planning to apply for a K-1 visa to get married in the US in the next 3 months.
How has the war in Ukraine impacted mail order brides
The current social, political, and economic situation in Ukraine is tough. Russia has started the war against Ukraine, and it influenced all the spheres of life of any Ukrainian, and the dating sphere suffered, too.
So if you want to help Ukraine defeat Russia, you can donate here.
A lot of women can’t or simply don’t want to start a relationship; and yet some of them, who were looking for a foreign boyfriend, can now continue their search. However, they can do it only through online dating services.
How to avoid Ukrainian mail order bride scam?
Ukrainian women are incredibly popular, and most of them are interested in dating foreigners, but there’s a chance that you’ll meet someone who pretends to be a Ukrainian girl to get your money. That’s not so inspiring, but that’s a reality—romance scams exist, and the only way to avoid them is to learn more about the most common types of romance fraud.
❗ Websites with hidden costs and fake accounts
Yes, sometimes you can get scammed not by a person but by a platform itself, and usually, it doesn’t feel any better. There are different types of such websites—on some, you’ll receive tons of messages of hotties despite having an empty profile (you’ll pay for replies, and that counts), on some, you’ll receive auto-generated messages (with the same goal), and on some, you’ll find out that you spend a few hundred dollars more than you expected. So, choose the platform carefully.
❗ Mail order brides who need financial help
Ladies interested in a relationship won’t ask you for money. People interested in your money will. Here’s how it works—you’re getting closer to someone (usually, it happens fast, even too fast), then something bad happens and a lady asks you for help. No need to say that you shouldn’t send money to her, no matter how realistic her story seems to be.
That’s probably the least common type of romance scam, but it doesn’t mean you should ignore it. When people meet online, they get closer and often start a long-distance relationship, which can get intimate. Just be careful and remember that things shouldn’t move too fast. Also, don’t provide any personal information to anyone you meet on the Internet.
If you are thinking about getting a Ukraine mail order bride, I believe it’s a good idea. It’s not that Ukrainian ladies are perfect or that they are better than other nationalities—of course, it doesn’t work like that. It’s about certain qualities and traits of Ukrainian brides: they are not only beautiful and loyal; they are also very educated and interesting to talk to, they have old-fashioned, more traditional values, and they are incredibly caring. And there are lots of them—Ukraine is one of the most popular mail order bride countries, so the dating pool is incredibly large.
No, you can not “buy” a wife from any country, not only Ukraine. The whole process of “buying” a mail order bride is basically similar to online dating—you chat with a foreign lady first, then you meet her in her country, and if you feel she’s the right person, you propose to her.
Yes. Thousands of Ukrainian women are searching for a foreign husband or boyfriend right now, and there are dozens of websites with ID verification. If you choose a trusted dating site and chat with Verified profiles, you can be sure you’re chatting with real Ukrainian mail order brides.
No. In 2019, for example, 860 women from Ukraine entered the United States on a K-1 visa, which means they got married to American men right after arrival. If your relationship is bona fide (“for love”, genuine) and all the documents are collected, you shouldn’t worry about the legal issues of marrying a Ukrainian woman.
It’s relatively safe. If you choose a dating site with a bad reputation, there might be lots of scammers on it, but if you stick to trusted and reputable dating websites, you shouldn’t worry about safety. However, it’s still necessary to follow some basic safety rules—for example, you shouldn’t send money to women you meet online.
It’d be wrong to generalize things—of course, it largely depends on the girl you choose and marry, but it’d be also wrong to deny that Ukrainian women have some common traits, qualities, values, and characteristics. In particular, you can expect a Ukrainian woman to be smart and well-educated—most women in this country have at least a bachelor’s degree, are well-mannered, kind, friendly, a bit westernized (they know a lot about the western country and share many typically western views) but still family-minded and incredibly feminine.
Currently, you can’t (or rather definitely shouldn’t) go to Ukraine—Russia has invaded the country, and now it’s at war. A few months ago, we’d say that you can do it pretty easily just by uploading a local dating app or a global app like Tinder (which by the way has lots of users in Ukraine) and try your luck. Ukrainian women are attracted to foreign guys, so finding a girlfriend would hardly be a problem, but obviously, we can’t do it now. So, the only way to meet Ukrainian singles is through global and niche online dating sites and on “neutral territory”, in a third country, as millions of Ukrainians went to Europe and also to the US as refugees or immigrants.