Mail Order Marriage Statistics—How Successful They Are In 2023?
Do mail order marriages still exist? How many mail-order marriages end in divorce? What is the best country to find foreign brides, according to mail order bride statistics?
If you have similar questions, you’ve come to the right place. We analyzed dozens of mail order bride services and all the available mail-order marriage statistics. Here, we’ll tell you everything about how mail order marriages work and which country to choose to meet a potential mail order bride.
P.S. Before start reading check out the best dating & mail order bride sites from Raymond Tellez
If you have not yet decided which country you need your mail order bride from, TheLuckyDate will be an excellent choice from all mail order brides websites.
JollyRomance is an international online dating site where you can find a partner from Latin America, Asia, Eastern Europe
If you are most interested in Latin women, the La-Date website will be your perfect choice.
Mail order brides facts & statistics
It’s obvious that most foreign women you’ll meet on dating sites are family-centered, feminine, and make great wives. But it’s all about emotions, and we don’t want to talk about emotions here. Instead, we’ll talk about facts.
- The divorce rate is slightly lower in mail order bride marriages than in marriages overall in the United States. According to several studies, the divorce rate in such marriages is between 35.8-41.3% while the national divorce rate in the US is 48%.
- The previous fact is especially surprising taking into account the fact that some of the most popular mail order bride countries have the highest divorce rates when it comes to marriages between local men and women. Russia and Ukraine, for instance, have some of the highest divorce rates in the world right now, but the situation changes when the mail order brides from this country meet American men.
- Foreign women from Latin, Southeast Asian, and Eastern European countries tend to get married earlier than women in the US. The average age of American women at marriage is 27.4 years old, while it’s 23 years old for Ukraine, 23.4 years old for the Philippines, and 22.7 years old for Colombia. Typically, it’s all about patriarchal societies, traditional family values and views, and other factors.
- The most popular country regarding mail order brides and mail order bride industry is the Philippines. According to immigration services reports and USCIS reports, in 2019, more than 7,100 foreign women from this country entered the United States on a K-1 visa and got married to American men after their arrival.
- Most foreign women you’ll meet on mail order bride agencies and online dating sites are quite young. The most popular age categories regarding mail order bride platforms is 21-25 years old (47%).
- There is a stereotype about mail order brides preferring to be stay-at-home wives and mothers after getting married to an American man. However, if you pay attention to mail order bride statistics, you will realize that the female participation rate in labor force in most “mail bride” countries is at least not lower than in the United States. This rate is very low in one “mail order bride” country, Venezuela—but it’s certainly not about the desire of Venezuelan women to work, it’s about other factors.
- Mail order brides, at least the ones from the most popular mail order bride countries and regions, tend to become first-time mothers earlier than women in the United States. The average mother’s age at first birth in these countries is around 22-25 years old. However, the situation is different in developed countries, e.g., South Korea or Japan—women from these Asian countries become mothers after 30 years old.
- One of the most surprising mail order bride facts is that women from these countries typically don’t have more than 2 children. There is a stereotype about Asian, Latin, or Russian women who have 3+ kids, but according to the mail order marriage statistics, this stereotype is not true. The total fertility rate in the most popular mail bride regions isn’t higher than that of the United States. However, there are several exceptions here: in the Philippines, for example, the total fertility rate is 2.49, which is much higher than in the US (1.64).
As statistics show, thousands of mail order brides may become suitable partners for American men. If you decide to visit mail order sites, you’ll obtain a chance of finding a perfect girlfriend or even a wife.
Mail order brides sites statistics: Rates, ages, popularity
|Male to Female Ratio||20/80|
|Average Age||26 y.o|
|Most popular Asian mail order bride site||DateNiceAsian|
|Most popular Slavic mail order site||UkraineBride4you|
|Most Popular Latin mail order bride sites||ColombiaLady|
It’s time for dating platforms statistics. What can we learn about foreign brides according to the statistics provided by international dating sites?
First of all, the number of mail brides is much higher than the number of men searching for a foreign woman. The average age of women on international dating websites is 26 years old (which does not contradict the statistics we talked about earlier).
Another interesting fact is that the reply rates are extremely high on mail order bride service. Sending a message to a girl on a mail order bride service will most likely lead to a nice conversation with her, while we definitely can’t say the same about American dating websites where the reply rate can be much lower than 87%. As for divorce and success rates, it’s simple—women who use mail order bride agencies and sites generally have serious intentions.
Now, let’s talk about the success stories—we’ve found 3 couples who met on mail order bride services, and now we’ll tell their stories.
Successful mail order bride stories where it works out
Do mail order marriages exist? Yes! And they can be both happy and disappointing. Here we’ll share several stories of people who have met their soulmates online among thousands of foreign singles.
John and Yua
❤️ Dating Website: EasternHoneys
🇯🇵 The Country of Mail Order Bride: Japan
John (32, Houston) met Yua, a 24-year-old girl from Tokyo, on an online dating platform. Yua always thought Western men made better husbands and more caring and loving partners than Japanese men—and John didn’t disappoint her because he was looking for a wife on that online dating site, not for a one-night stand. His serious intentions attracted Yua, and after 3 dates, these two married in Tokyo.
Michael and Olga
❤️ Dating Website: JollyRomance
🇺🇦 The Country of Mail Order Bride: Ukraine
Olga, a 22-year-old student from Kyiv, has never thought about international marriages or about finding a foreign husband. But when she signed up on an international dating site, she understood that an average American man makes a better romantic partner than a guy from her country. Michael and Olga have a kind of long-distance relationship right now, and they meet in Kyiv every 2-3 months.
Lucas and Paula
❤️ Dating Website: La Date
🇨🇴 The Country of Mail Order Bride: Colombia
In 2018, Lucas signed up on an international marriage website. In 2020, Lucas met Paula, a 20-year-old woman from Medellín (Colombia). This foreign girl impressed him with her passion, appearance, character, and serious intentions—it turned out that she was searching for a husband on that site. They met 5 times in 6 months, and in 2021, Lucas proposed to Paula. Today, the happy couple is living in their home in Jacksonville.
What is the best country to find a mail order bride?
Want to understand better which country is a perfect choice for finding a potential bride? Take a look at this map!
Mail order brides statistics by country
Let’s continue talking about the mail order marriage statistics. What are the most widespread regions and countries when it comes to meeting brides online?
- Asia is certainly the biggest player in this game. Women from such countries as the Philippines and Vietnam are extremely popular among Americans, but it’s not only about Asia, of course. For example, Filipino women are the most popular women on mail order sites and dating agencies. The number of brides from this country was more than 7,100 in 2019.
- When it comes to Latin America, the leaders are the Dominican Republic, Colombia, and Brazil. Mexico is another popular Hispanic mail bride country with more than 1,600 K-1 visa holders in 2019.
- When we’re talking about Europe, it’s the United Kingdom, Ukraine, and Russia who take first places.
- Some regions, like Africa and Oceania, are not that popular when it comes to mail order brides. You can still meet thousands of ladies from these regions on dating websites, but if you want to have a wider choice, we recommend focusing on East/Southeast Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe.
However, in spite of the online dating and international marriage popularity, the number of mail brides is declining because of strict immigration restrictions that were introduced in 2020. For example, the number of new Filipino-American families was much lower (3,069) because of COVID-19 restrictions and delays, but this country is still way ahead of other countries when it comes to international marriages and dating platforms.
Thanks to foreign dating sites, the modern world is a perfect place for those interested in international dating. Such services are convenient, intuitive, and they have a very high success rate. They’re also extremely easy to use—just visit the site, create a profile, and start chatting with Russian brides, Thai women, or girls from Latin America.
Yes, but it’s not how it worked in the 19th century, obviously. Those searching for foreign men or women just need to sign up on a dating website to meet tens of thousands of users from other countries. Thousands of people met online on such platforms and built successful marriages with their foreign partners.
The exact “divorce rate/foreign brides” data is unknown, unfortunately. However, we can safely say that a regular marriage between an American man and a Russian woman has lower odds for divorce. This is not only about Russian women—intercultural and international marriages tend to be stronger and more successful.
The overall divorce rate in the United States is around 48 percent, which means 48 out of 100 marriages between Americans end in divorce (not to mention separation). As for international marriages, the rate is lower. When talking about Russian-American marriages, for example, the divorce rates are 35-41%. This means 59-65 Russian-American marriages out of 100 do not end in divorce.
Wow, I didn’t even think mail order marriages still exist. Anyway, an interesting guide.
How many mail-order marriages end in divorce?? You said it’s 40%, isn’t that a lot?
It’s below the national average. Also, in many countries in the world, the divorce rate is even higher than 50%, which shows that, statistically speaking, mail order marriages are even more successful.
The best mail order marriage statistics on the web, thx!