Here, you’ll find a lot of useful information about Vietnamese brides. We’ll cover all the most important subjects here: the pros and cons of dating a Vietnamese girl, the cost of getting her to the US, the best dating sites, common myths about Vietnamese mail order brides, etc.
P.S. Before start reading check out the best Vietnamese dating & mail order bride sites
Best Vietnamese dating sites
Who is a Vietnamese mail order bride?
A beautiful mail order bride from Vietnam you see on dating sites is a real woman who is interested in a serious relationship with a man from a western country. Here is what you should know about Vietnamese mail order brides:
Is a Vietnamese bride the right choice for you?
Let’s talk about some prominent features of Vietnamese brides. What’s good about them? What’s bad? What do you need to know before you start dating them?
- Most Vietnamese women are fun and friendly. It’s not like they are ready to date any foreigner just because he’s a foreigner, of course, but it makes dating Vietnamese brides much easier and much more pleasant.
- Vietnamese ladies are marriage-minded and traditional. However, you should not expect a modern Vietnam girl to be only interested in marriage. These women, especially the ones in their 20s, are very ambitious and educated, and lack of support for their careers or respect for their opinions will probably put them off. If you want to find a perfectly conservative trad wife, you need to take a look at rural Vietnam.
- They love Western men! Many Vietnamese girls are genuinely interested in dating a foreigner because of several reasons and a lot of them are interested in an even more serious relationship with a man from the US, Canada, the UK, or Australia. That’s why the dating pool is very large in this country.
- Some of them may be a bit selfish. Not all of them and not all the time, of course, but sometimes, they are too concerned with themselves. Well, it’s not extremely bad, right?
- Not all Vietnamese brides speak English fluently. The English skills of Vietnamese are evaluated as “moderate level” with the best rates in Southeast Vietnam—not surprising at all, taking into account that Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) is located there. On the other hand, young women (18-20) score the highest, so the chances of meeting a Vietnamese bride who would be a fluent English speaker are actually not too low.
There are some more pros and cons of dating a Vietnamese mail order bride, of course, but the number of advantages and reasons why you should date a girl from this country is much larger than the number of disadvantages and reasons why you shouldn’t.
Still, that’s not all. If you want to meet Vietnamese mail order brides right away, take a look at the catalog below—you’ll find real Vietnamese women who want to find a foreign husband there. Click, chat with them, and find love!
🇻🇳 Vietnamese Mail Order Bride Catalog
Why do women from Vietnam look for husbands abroad?
Why do all those Vietnamese brides want to find a Western man? The reasons are as follows:
- They want to get a better life in a better country. Vietnam is not the poorest country in the region, but this doesn’t mean it’s rich and prosperous. The average monthly salary here is $275—so a lot of Vietnamese women want to live in a richer and more developed place.
- Young girls often think that men from the West will treat them better. This is a common stereotype in Asian countries where men are often not too respectful and not that caring due to their cultural background.
- They love American culture and just want to move to the US. It’s not like there always must be a reason. Lots of girls on Vietnamese mail order brides websites want to move to the US simply because they love the culture of this country and because they are too Westernized to live in Vietnam.
- Some young Vietnamese women are looking for husbands abroad because they can’t find a marriage-minded man of their age in Vietnam. The age gap between an average first-time bride and a first-time groom in Vietnam is pretty large, so girls in their early 20s often simply can’t find a marriage-minded man who would be younger than 27-28.
Of course, there are more personal reasons that we can’t know, but if you like Vietnamese women, are those reasons really that important?
How much does a Vietnamese mail order bride cost?
Here, we’ll talk about the average bride price. But first, you need to understand two things. First, you can’t “buy” a foreign woman—the absolute majority of Vietnamese brides on dating sites are looking for a romantic relationship, not for a guy who would pay them for sex or for companionship. And second, all the prices in the following list are approximate, so you can either spend more or much less than stated below.
- Dating sites’ expenses: top dating sites cost from $100 to $200 per a month
- One week travel (tickets + hotel): $800-$1,500 for tickets, $210 for a hotel room
- Visa and documents: $2,025
- Wedding: $10,500
- Total: around $14,000
There are several possibilities to save money: you can have a more modest wedding for, say, $5,000 instead of $10,000, you can use flight and hotel aggregators to reduce costs, etc. If your goal is to save money, you can easily get a real Vietnam girl to the US for much less than $14,000. But again, it’s only up to you and your desires.
Try to calculate the cost of your mail order bride
❗ Note, to calculate the cost of a mail order bride from Vietnam, select the Asian region
Common myths about Vietnamese women
There are lots of myths when it comes to dating Vietnamese brides. Let’s talk about the most popular ones.
❌ Myth: Vietnam girls are similar to Chinese
✅ Busted: They aren’t. Yes, they can understand Mandarin and Cantonese, and there are many cultural similarities. But other than that, they are different: Vietnamese people are more collectivistic (“rice-wheat border”), they treat women with more respect, they are generally more open-minded, etc.
❌ Myth: They are poor
✅ Busted: A lot of people in this country live in poverty, but we can’t say that about Vietnamese mail order wives. They are typically young and educated women from big cities (like Ho Chi Minh City), so it’s not like they are needy.
❌ Myth: They want to meet Americans just to get a green card
✅ Busted: No. Local women, like lots of other Asian women, simply think that foreign husbands will treat them with more respect and will be more loyal to them—that’s the main reason why beautiful Vietnamese brides seek foreign men.
❌ Myth: They hate Americans because of the war
✅ Busted: Well, that war wasn’t the noblest war in history, so it makes sense that a lot of Vietnamese people don’t like the US and remember such words as My Lai, Thuy Bo, and particularly Agent Orange. But does this mean that all of them hate or don’t like the US? No. Young Vietnamese, especially the educated ones from cities like Da Nang, Ha Noi, and Ho Chi Minh, are very Westernized and don’t really care about that war anymore.
As you see, there are lots of myths that are just not true. The problem here is that such myths can spoil your expectations, so you shouldn’t believe in all this.
Facts about Vietnamese women
If you want to understand Vietnamese women for marriage better, take a look at this list—we found 4 interesting facts about them backed by statistics.
- Vietnamese ladies get married quite soon. The mean age at the first marriage is only 24.1 years old. It’s also interesting that there’s a huge age gap in this country—thus, the mean age of Vietnamese men at first marriage is 28.3 years old, which means the age gap is larger than 4 years.
- However, they don’t rush into having children. Thus, the average age of a first-time mother in Vietnam is only 27.64 years old (higher than in the US).
- Vietnamese brides tend to have more children than Western ladies. The fertility rate in this country is 2 children per 1 woman.
- Vietnamese mail order brides are just crazy popular in the US. With 618 K-1 visa recipients in 2022, Vietnam is the second most popular mail order bride country in the United States.
Of course, this information doesn’t change anything if you plan to date a Vietnamese woman, but knowing more about them will never be superfluous.
Pros and cons of dating Vietnamese women
Want to understand Vietnamese women for marriage better? Continue reading—here, we’ll talk about the advantages and disadvantages of dating a Vietnam bride.
- Vietnamese ladies are incredibly marriage-minded. Finding the right partner and settling down is extremely important in Vietnam, and family typically comes first, even for young and well-educated Vietnamese girls.
- They are obsessed with appearance! Vietnamese girls are taught they must look perfect during their childhood, so when they grow older, they do their best—fashionable clothing, makeup, fitness, diets, etc.
- Vietnamese brides are more “traditional” than women from the United States. Their society is pretty patriarchal and conservative, so even modern Vietnamese girls live up to Confucian standards and share traditional Vietnamese female virtues (such as respect for their husbands, loyalty, and politeness).
- Most Vietnamese women are family-centered. Vietnamese wives have a special mindset, which is quite common in Southeast Asia—they are incredibly devoted to the family, respect their parents unconditionally, protect their children, and always support their husbands and care for them no matter what, etc.
- Vietnamese mail order brides are not too proactive when it comes to flirting and dating. It’s not like every Vietnamese lady is passive, of course, but they do definitely expect men to make the first steps, plan everything, and be persistent
- They are often late. Even if it’s your first date with a Vietnamese girl, you should not be surprised if she comes 30 minutes late. It’s not only about dates, of course: Vietnamese people tend to have a special view on punctuality (surprisingly, in this regard, they are pretty similar to Latin American ladies).
- Vietnamese women are superstitious. It may sound cute and funny until she rejects your proposal because you made it in the 7th lunar month, which is considered “Ghost month.” By the way, this can also be applied if you’re going to find a Chinese wife or a Korean girl!
Well, the disadvantages don’t look that serious, to be fair. The pros do certainly outweigh the cons—that’s probably one of the reasons why Vietnamese women are so popular when it comes to international dating.
How to find a Vietnamese bride?
If you want to find a real mail order bride, Vietnam is certainly a good choice—not a perfect choice (because there are no perfect countries for dating), but definitely a very good one. But how to meet a real Vietnamese bride? What do you need to do in order to get a wife from this country? Continue reading to find out.
Meeting a Vietnamese woman online
The first option is online dating, of course. There are lots of good dating/matchmaking services where you can meet thousands of real Vietnamese women who’d like to marry foreigners. Here’s how to meet a lady using these sites.
- Find the best dating website with local ladies. Always read the reviews, test the sites, and pay special attention to the quality of profiles of Vietnamese brides (they should look real).
- Get a welcome bonus on a dating platform. Most Vietnamese bride platforms offer free credits and huge discounts for new users—it’s a perfect opportunity to test a paid dating site without actually paying anything.
- Upload pictures and write a profile description. Your profile is the only thing that can either attract or repel a woman, so your task is to make it catchy and detailed.
- Pay for a subscription or credits. Most websites with Vietnamese women are paid, as we’ve just said, but even if you’re going to use a free one, we still recommend you buy credits or a premium subscription in order to get much more attention and messages.
- Start chatting with all those beautiful women. Be respectful, be a good listener, show that you’re interested in a serious relationship, and don’t hesitate to ask them on a real date.
Online dating is a very simple and convenient option for those who are interested in international marriages. However, there’s at least one alternative.
Meeting a Vietnamese woman offline
This alternative is offline dating. Here’s what you should do to meet Vietnamese women IRL:
- Book tickets to Vietnam. Use flight aggregators and buy the tickets in advance in order to save money.
- Book a hotel room and plan your trip. Don’t go there during the monsoon season (May-September in the South, October-April in the North) because your experience will be spoiled because of the rains.
- Learn at least a few phrases in Vietnamese. This will help you communicate with Vietnamese women, but that’s not all: if you learn their language, they will definitely be pleasantly surprised.
- Read about local customs, traditions, and taboos. It’s important not to break the rules if you don’t want to spoil your date.
- Approach Vietnamese women on the streets. It’s not only about the streets, of course—you can approach them in a club, bar, mall, etc. Just be yourself, look your best, and be confident.
It’s totally possible to meet a Vietnamese woman and even have a date if you’re dating them offline. However, online dating is much more convenient and affordable—you’ll only have to pay $100-$200 for a month of chatting, while a 1-week trip may cost you $2,000-$3,000 or more. Another advantage of online dating is the size of the dating pool: there are tens of thousands of ladies on mail order bride websites.
If you go online, you can meet a Vietnamese woman, a Korean or a Chinese mail order wife, or a Filipino girl who would love to date a foreigner. That’s why your chances of finding love online are, in our opinion, much higher than your chances of finding a single, marriage-minded Vietnamese girl on the streets of Hanoi.
How to avoid Vietnamese mail order bride scam?
A victim of romance scams loses $20,000 on average. We’d like to say that it never happens to those who are looking for Vietnamese mail order brides, but the fact is it can happen to anyone. The good news is that the more you know about types of romance scams, the bigger your chance of protecting yourself, so read the information below carefully.
❗ Scam online dating sites
Using a scam dating site rarely results in bigger losses than meeting a scammer who’ll make you think there’s something special between you. However, losing $500 on nothing doesn’t feel that good, either. Check the sites carefully, make sure there aren’t any hidden costs, fake profiles (there may be some on any website, but if 8 in 10 profiles are fake, why use it), and messages generated by the system and not written by real people.
❗ Catfishes who’ll ask you for money
Pretending to be someone else has never been as beneficial as now—there are a lot of opportunities to steal someone’s photos and even biography. Still, there are ways to distinguish a real mail order bride from a catfish that just wants to get your money. First of all, Google her photos. Second, be skeptical—if things are moving too fast, if a person is obviously trying to gain your trust at all costs, and then asks for money, you definitely met a scammer.
❗ Personal data scam
Personal information, and especially financial information should be protected at all costs. Good websites use data encryption technologies, moderate accounts, and do everything possible to protect their members from data breaches. Still, the thing is, you should care about your own safety, too. In particular, create a strong password, try not to use unknown browser extensions, choose sites that offer safe payment methods, and never disclose your data to anyone.
Our expert’s conclusion
There are not that many cultural differences you need to be aware of when dating beautiful Vietnamese women. Yes, there are some things to learn and some rules to follow, and of course, the dating culture in this country is different from the one in the US. But dating a Vietnamese woman is like dating a Chinese mail order bride or a woman from Japan/Korea—just be yourself, be confident, be a gentleman, and treat her with respect in order to succeed.
As we’ve noted in our guide, marriage migration has always been common in Vietnam—there are tens of thousands of Vietnamese women who’d like to date and marry foreigners, especially guys from the US (the United States is in the top-3 of countries where Vietnamese ladies migrate most often). International mail order bride platforms are just the sites where you can meet and date them, no more, no less, so using them and dating Vietnamese brides online and marrying them (after a few meetings IRL) is legal.
Yes, of course. Vietnamese brides can legally marry foreigners in Vietnam, as well as in their husbands’ countries. You can go to Vietnam to meet beautiful Vietnamese women in real life or use one of the online dating sites with Asian brides to find your perfect Vietnamese bride. Both ways are legal, and in both cases, you can marry a Vietnam girl only if you have an authentic romantic relationship (yes, you will need to prove that to the immigration service, no matter where you are planning to enjoy your wedding party).
There are two ways to do it. If you have already married a Vietnamese lady in another country, for example, in Vietnam, your wife will be able to apply for a visa as a foreign relative. If you are going to get married in the United States, the procedure will be slightly different—your bride will need to apply for a K-1 visa first, and only after she gets it, she will be able to enter the US—after that, you will have to get married within 90 days.
It’s hard to say what you can expect from a particular person—after all, we all are individuals, and we all are different, but Vietnamese women do have some common national characteristics. From this point of view, you can expect a woman from this country to be way more friendly and sociable than women in many other Asian countries, hard-working but still focused on family, caring, loving, feminine, always well-mannered and a bit shy and caring about spirituality more than about material things.
Foreigners get a lot of attention in Vietnam—though this is a beautiful country to visit, in some places, meeting a foreign man is still a big event for locals. So, basically, you can just talk to girls in the streets, at restaurants, and in other public places—in most cases, they’ll definitely be interested in learning more about you and probably will agree to go on a date with you. If this is not an option for you, you can just create an account on one of the local dating apps or global apps like Tinder and search for singles by age, location, and other specific criteria that are the most important for you.